Budgeting for a Move
Let’s face it, moving costs can add up. It is important to budget for all costs associated with moving from your portable storage container to packing materials. Consider these expenses when budgeting for your next move.
- Home Repairs – There will always be extra repairs when preparing your home for sale.
- Cleaning Supplies/Services – Remember the cost to clean your house for the new owners.
- Rental Expenses – If you are renting, there will be application fees and first and last month’s rent. There may also be a damage/security deposit or a pet deposit for your furry friends. Also remember costs for utility deposits.
- Moving Costs – You will need to include costs for your portable storage container and also any packing supplies. Consider costs for food and beverages or gifts for volunteers and tips for professional movers.
- Moving Travel – This would include airline tickets, fuel, tolls, meals and hotels.
Now that you have created your budget, it’s time to stick to it!