If you are like most parents, as you unpack your portable storage container, you have come to realize that at least one third of the container is designated to the children’s playroom. “Simplify Your Home” is here to help with these tips to creating an organized space for your child’s play area.
- Moving is a great time for purging. While you want to be sure not to get rid of your child’s favorite toys in the middle of a move, it is a perfect time to giveaway toys they have outgrown or haven’t played with in a while.
- Clear plastic bins are great storage containers for playrooms. To ensure toys get put a way. Take pictures of the toys meant for each bin and place the laminated picture on the front of the bin. Make clean up time a game by matching the toy to the picture.
- Hooks for dress up clothes, hats, etc. keep things in arms length but off the floor.
- Bookshelves keep books in order and protect them from being damaged.
- A table and chair station creates a great play station for your child. Place a plastic mat under the table to protect the carpet from spilled paint or dropped markers.
- Bulletin boards serve as a great place to post your child’s artwork proudly on the wall and keep clutter off the floor.
- Don’t forget the good old-fashioned toy box. While we recommend using the plastic bin organization tip, sometimes you need a catch all place for toys. A decorative toy box is the perfect place for these toys.
The purpose of organizing a playroom is to create space for your child to play. Better yet, it will help save you time so you can have extra time to play with them!