September is Baby Safety Month. Whether you are unpacking your portable storage container and preparing to organize your house or if you have a new bundle on the way, you will find these tips helpful to ensure your home is safe for your baby.
- Install safety locks on all of your windows.
- All unused sockets should have outlet plugs or covers.
- Cord shorteners will avoid exposure to window cords and wires.
- Make sure you have smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in all sleeping areas.
- Install cabinet and drawer locks in the kitchen.
- Keep emergency numbers handy.
- Keep all cleaners locked up. Better yet, use all-natural cleaners that will not be harmful for your little ones. See our all-natural cleaner blog.
- Keep all medications in childproof containers and out of the reach of children.
- Keep toilet lid down and secure it with a latch as toilets can be a drowning hazard.
- Use non-skid mats in the bathtub to prevent slipping.
- Make sure crib bars are no more than 2-3/8 inches apart.
- Some plants are poisonous, so keep all houseplants out of reach of children.
- Use toddler gates on the top and bottom of stairs.
These tips are sure to keep your baby safe and sound. Share your tips on baby safety.